Thursday, July 4, 2019

Ate at Hattie B's at the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas

When I saw David Chang's Ugly Delicious food special that covered Nashville Hot Chicken, I decided that I had to try Hattie B's, a world famous fried chicken restaurant that just opened in Las Vegas.  I really wanted to know if it was really as spicy as they advertise on television, even though I won't be able to try Bolton's, this is another joint that I really wanted to go to.


Since I'll be in town for a couple of weeks, I decided to give food reviewing a try.  And in doing so, here is what I ordered.


I had a small dark chicken, and I ended up splitting a leg and a thigh with a friend, as I had a small dark hot leg, and a small dark mild thigh.  I also ordered the Nashville Comeback sauce because I was intrigued with the new sauce, as well as to add some additional spice to it.

For the sides, I ordered a pimento Mac and Cheese and some collard greens.  It was quite delicious, though there were a lot of this in quantity, and while I finished the Mac and Cheese, I couldn't quite get through all of the greens.  As for the drink, I ordered a Jackalope, a red ale that has a pretty good taste, but is fairly heavy, and I would recommend something lighter, such as a Diet Coke, or the Saison since when you get your order, they make it in fairly sizable portions.


When I sat down, I sat down in a booth.  It was a large table, but little room to squeeze yourself in, as the table cut into the seating area.

Among the entrees I ate, I ate the small dark hot leg first.  I was subtly spicy, like how a solid spicy chicken should taste.  It's not overwhelming or too powerful as to prevent you from tasting the flavors, but it slowly builded up its spice levels as I got towards the end.  The meat and skin of the chicken is savory and tender, and it has a cajun feel with some levels of pepper that give it a really solid taste.

I then ate the small dark mild thigh, while sprinkling in some Nashville Comeback sauce.  There didn't seem to be too notable a difference in spice between the mild and hot, but I was still feeling a little bit of the spice as I ate it.  Probably because I used plenty of the Comeback sauce on the thigh.

By the end of the run, I was needing plenty of napkins, but they did give out some wet naps.

In all, it was a delicious meal, and I may go back there, but I do think I shouldn't have eaten all of that Mac and Cheese, and I was feeling pretty full.  If you eat too much, you may have to make a run for the bathroom, and sure enough, someone had thrown up in the middle of a walkway as I was going back to my hotel.

I don't regret eating at Hattie B's, and I enjoyed the food I ate there.

Grade: B+

That is all for now.  Until next time, and hoped you enjoyed reading this.

(Grade Key: A+ is a hall of famer, A an MVP, A- is an All-Star, B+ is very good, B is a solid starter, B- is good, C+ is a solid 6th man, C is in the rotation, C- is a fringe rotation player, D+ is an end of the bench player, D is in need of development, D- is not quite good enough, F+ and below means it needs serious improvement.)

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the comment form message. This is also a reminder to be courteous and respectful. Also, no spam.