Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Here are my 2021 NBA All-Star Selections and Who I Voted For

Today is considered to be the last day to vote for NBA All-Stars.  It was pretty tough to debate amongst myself to decide who I should take.  Debates included such as do I take Rudy Gobert or Nikola Jokic as my starting center in the West, Bradley Beal or Kyrie Irving as my starting point guard in the East, and how much should I value the standings in making picks.  Also things I debated in my head, do I pick a starter on a bad team?  Do I pick a player that has been injured (Kyrie Irving), or is currently injured (Anthony Davis)?  All things to consider.  Here is what I decided to go with.


Who would make my 2021 NBA All-Star team?


I went on NBA.com to make my picks.  After much deliberation, here is who I voted for:

My West Starting 5:
C Rudy Gobert, Utah Jazz
F LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
F Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers
G Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers
G Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors

My East Starting 5:
C Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers
F Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks
F Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets
G Bradley Beal, Washington Wizards
G James Harden, Brooklyn Nets

I mostly went with very good players that were on winning teams, but I made an exception in Beal's case, who is currently the scoring leader this season.  Perhaps a controversial decision, but I went with it.

Here would be my reserve picks:

My Eastern Conference Reserves:

G Kyrie Irving, Brooklyn Nets
G Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks
G Zach LaVine, Chicago Bulls
F Jaylen Brown, Boston Celtics
C Domantas Sabonis, Indiana Pacers
F Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics
G-F-C Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers

My Western Conference Reserves:

G Chris Paul, Phoenix Suns
G Donovan Mitchell, Utah Jazz
G-F Luka Doncic, Dallas Mavericks
G-F DeMar DeRozan, San Antonio Spurs
C Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets
F Zion Williamson, New Orleans Pelicans
r-F Paul George, Los Angeles Clippers (replacement)*

Injured player: F-C Anthony Davis, Los Angeles Lakers

The head coaches would be:
Eastern Conference HC: Doc Rivers, Philadelphia 76ers
Western Conference HC: Quin Snyder, Utah Jazz

So in review, my picks for the 2021 NBA All-Star teams would be:


Now that you know who I voted for and who my reserves would be, go out and vote!  Make your picks!  Choose your own All-Star team!  And let's tune in together to see who actually makes the NBA All-Star team weeks from now.

So there you have it.  Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the comment form message. This is also a reminder to be courteous and respectful. Also, no spam.