Wednesday, January 5, 2022

I Came Home to A Mini-Landfill In Front of My Apartment...and Seattle Hasn't Fixed The Garbage Problem

Seattle didn't collect trash for two weeks, and I came back to my apartment complex just covered with trash.

Trash has become a major issue in Seattle, especially where I'm living in currently, which is the Northgate/Lake City area.  The current city I'm living in, Seattle, looks like a wasteland right now.  Garbage is piling up, and no one in our city will collect the trash.  They've missed trash collections for two straight weeks.  

Now that there is no snow or ice, they promised that there will be double the collections.  I haven't seen any of the waste management people come by to collect the trash, recycling bin, or the compost (yes, I know it's weird that there is three of those here in Seattle, as there is no compost category in St. Louis.  And I fine it really annoying that we have to separate out into three of those bins, or else we get fined for that, and they use it as an excuse to jack up rent and cost of living).

A neighboring complex near my apartment, as no one has come by to collect their trash, either.

My brother and I have talked to the landlord, the waste management company, and to city hall, and we get the same run around stuff.  Our apartment and our street has become a mini-landfill.  I am really not enjoying living in Seattle right now, and I'm hoping that someone, anyone will collect the trash that has been piling up outside my apartment complex.  I just want a garbage truck to show up and take out the trash, even if it blocks the apartment's singular and narrow driveway like it always does.  I'm really frustrated that no one has come by to collect the trash, and they keep missing trash collections.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the comment form message. This is also a reminder to be courteous and respectful. Also, no spam.