Monday, July 27, 2020

Brief Experiment In Installing Ezoic Back on July 27th

Today, with low visitor numbers in the morning and with nobody on the website, I decided to attempt to re-install Ezoic to see if my basketball website would still function properly with its integration, and to my knowledge, it was installed successfully.

However, it brought in a whole new set of problems.  I tried to figure out how to block certain ads, and I went into ad categories to try to do it, and I did not want political ads on my site, and I definitely didn't want to see ads relating to Trump.   I do not endorse him at all, but those ads started flooding my website.  Even when I tried to block those ads, those ads kept flooding in.  It was infuriating, especially since I keep reiterating, I'm not a tech person.  ðŸ¤·♂

On top of that, even though the ads were showing, the Ezoic counter wasn't tabulating the revenue from those ads today.  But I especially did not want those ads on my website.

It was infuriating.  I had blocked political ads, and had tried to block the Trump ads specifically, but those ads kept showing up.  And suddenly, it wasn't just one ad.

Like a horror show, they started covering...the WHOLE....page.  By trying to block and report those ads, they suddenly started popping up rapidly, and it was not listening to what I was trying to tell the Ezoic app to do.  I felt like I had no control over the Ezoic app or through the ad program, and it was as if it ran on some sort of odd, Google-based algorithm.

So I did what I felt had to be done again.  I uninstalled the Ezoic app, because I felt like I couldn't control what ads were being shown.

Maybe in a downtime, maybe I'll see if the Ezoic app will behave in a way I want it to.  But for now, it's uninstalled again.  And just maybe that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is the comment form message. This is also a reminder to be courteous and respectful. Also, no spam.